Tuesday, May 10, 2016

A New Chapter

As I walk the empty street, I ruminate on the vast emptiness corresponding to the blankness in my heart. Which in a way, is a good thing. It is my new beginning. Emptiness signifies starting
anew.  Shutting the door on those past miseries will actually open new doors for me.  Sometimes new beginnings need not be a change of scene. New beginnings could just be new hopes emerging from the same milieu.

While walking away from some situations that don't serve you may be an ideal thing to do, the case is not always possible. Sometimes a change of heart, a new sense of acceptance and some newfound enlightenment will grant you with a brighter horizon. Just a slight change of perspective--a totally novel way of looking at things, can do wonders to the weary heart… and soul. As Dr Wayne Dyer said, “If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.”

I used to distrust Hope, completely. I found Hope deceitful, conniving. Hope never delivered, failing  me over and over again. Hope was (like) my ex. Making promises. Never keeping them. Showing new dreams. Retracting them.

We usually hold on to Hope for a while.  We experience bouts of pleasures from our castles in the air. Time passes. Nothing happens. Our lives remain stagnant. We get discouraged and are inclined to quit.  This actually is where the turning point happens. This is where the stubborn corkscrew suddenly comes loose.  One fine day, when our back is turned, Hope suddenly resurfaces, bringing with it glimpses of sunny skies. Alas… you know that all is not lost. You know that Hope is real.  You emerge strong as new.

As I clear out all the big blocks in my mind, the pathway becomes clearer and clearer. I begin to see that the past can no longer shape my present. Anything is possible under the warm Bangkok sun, if we give it enough time… and enough Hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment