Thursday, July 1, 2010

An Epiphany

I got it! All the emptiness, all the dejection--my sons have flown the nest! At first I couldn't pinpoint what it is--brainstorming so hard to find the answers to my melancholy. Suddenly it all became clear! Of course! I'm going through an empty nest syndrome!

Even though my sons are living here with me under my roof, they lead their own somewhat independent lives now. Some days I get to see them late at night when they get back. Other days talking with them on the phone would have to suffice. How hard it is, sometimes. Never the less, I am happy for them. I am happy for their successes and their happiness. I wish them more and more happiness and successes.

My hobbies--they do not satisfy me any more. I feel like I'm not getting enough emotional gratification from them. To make matters worse, I feel intellectually starved. Something needs to be done. This dismal can not be ignored.

No comments:

Post a Comment