Monday, June 27, 2016

Anti Ritual

I hate the morning rituals
The same old ritual
If it were up to me
If the stench wouldn't
bother
Anyone so much
I would just leave
everything
The way it was left
From the night

What is it with the human race?
This need to cleanse and to clean
To present the outside
As tip top and shipshop
Isn't the outer just for show?

Why
Let's focus on the inside,
shall we?

Morning comes
And it all starts
Brush your teeth
Wash your face
Take a bath

Dress up
And
Show up
They say

They say
This is the way
Of the world
Those who toil
Earn their keeps
The sloth
Well,
You know the story

This pretentious need
To display
And to outlay
This judgement of worth
Through
Our showy appearances
This glamor
This limelight

Are we back to that?
Didn't I tell you?
Let's focus on the inside,
Shall we?
My dear dear comrades.

No comments:

Post a Comment