Monday, June 20, 2016

Mirror, Mirror


Mirror, Mirror, on the wall
Let's start from the very top top

The tinted hair
You see
Is just to cover
and
to conceal
The truth behind it all
Alas, color fades

Staring at the grays
I gasped!
I must do something fast!
God forbid!
The world should see
What lies hidden
beneath..
These fake bright hues
What shame it would be
to exhibit
My true true colors

Oh,
My eyes are okay
They didn't shrivel much
Except
Those youthful sparkle
never quite returned
Just
don't look people
in the eye
They would never catch on

This nose
Instinctive
Intimidating
Let's not talk about it

Moving on..

The
sagging cheeks
The droopy rims of my mouth
Yes
They are a dead giveaway
The lack of smiles
Ah
Where can you hide
Those pain
Those tears

And
Of course
not to leave out
This double chin

From looking down
Too much
Too often
Perhaps?

To pen down
my thoughts
Into some
measly verses
All in the hopes
Of turning
my wounds
Into wisdom
Perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment