Saturday, June 12, 2010

Call of Duty

Duty. Is it so wrong if we evade it? I’m talking about a duty to the nation. Is it so wrong to shun it? Is it so wrong for a mother to try to find a way out for her son? Is it so wrong for us to seek out an escape for this hazardous ‘call of duty’?

I am in such a dilemma. I just want to shriek out so loud. Tears are gathering up as I reflect. Such a life threatening decision shouldn’t be so hard for one to decide upon. But it is. It always is. And the decision will haunt me forever. But I will do what I have to do. I have to protect my son.

All lives are precious. I know. Imagine those who do not even have the luxury to think about an escape. What do they do? How do they cope?

I’m going to go ahead and do the unfathomable thing here. I’m going to desperately be on a quest for an alibi….something to keep him safe under my roof.

I am willing to let everyone condemn me. I am willing to let people reprimand me. My son must remain home with me, safe under my care. He will elude all calls of duty. So…..BERATE ME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment